Baby carriers are a must-have for parents who want to keep their hands free while carrying their little ones. These carriers come in different shapes and sizes, but they all serve the same purpose: to provide a comfortable and safe way to carry your baby. Whether you’re running errands or going for a walk, a baby carrier can make your life much easier.
When choosing a baby carrier, there are several things to consider. The type of carrier you choose will depend on your baby’s age, weight, and developmental stage. You’ll also need to consider your own comfort and the level of support you need. Some carriers are designed for specific activities, such as hiking or breastfeeding, so it’s important to choose one that fits your lifestyle.
One critical thing to pay attention to when choosing a baby carrier is safety. Make sure the carrier you choose is appropriate for your baby’s age and weight, and that it has been tested and certified for safety. Look for carriers that have adjustable straps and buckles, as well as a sturdy waistband to distribute your baby’s weight evenly.
We spent hours researching and testing ten different baby carriers to identify the ones that offer the best combination of comfort, safety, and versatility. In the following sections, we’ll share our top picks and provide a detailed review of each one.
Best Baby Carriers
We understand that carrying your baby around can be a daunting task, especially when you’re out and about. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best baby carriers on the market to make your life easier. Our team has researched and tested numerous carriers to bring you the top picks that offer comfort, support, and versatility. Whether you’re a new parent or an experienced one, our list has something for everyone. So, without further ado, here are the best baby carriers you can buy right now.
If you’re looking for a versatile baby carrier that can be used from infancy through toddler years, the Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier is a great option.
- The convertible design allows for four different carrying positions, including facing-in and facing-out options.
- The adjustable seat and straps make it easy to find a comfortable fit for both baby and parent.
- The carrier is made from soft, easy-to-clean fabric for added convenience.
- Some users have reported discomfort with extended use, particularly when carrying heavier babies.
- The carrier may not fit well on larger or smaller body types.
- The straps can be difficult to adjust on your own, requiring assistance from another person.
We recently tried out the Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier and were impressed with its versatility and ease of use. The convertible seat allowed us to switch between facing-in and facing-out positions, depending on our baby’s mood and developmental stage. The adjustable straps and waistband made it easy to find a comfortable fit, although we did notice some discomfort with extended use when carrying our heavier baby.
One of the standout features of this carrier is its soft, easy-to-clean fabric. We appreciated not having to worry about spills or messes, and the carrier held up well after multiple washes. However, we did find that the carrier may not fit well on larger or smaller body types, so it’s important to try it on before making a purchase.
Overall, the Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier is a solid choice for parents looking for a versatile and affordable baby carrier. While it may not be the most comfortable option for extended use, it’s a great choice for short outings or errands.
We highly recommend the Ergobaby Omni 360 All-Position Baby Carrier for its comfort and versatility.
- The carrier is designed to grow with your baby from newborn to toddler, making it a long-lasting investment.
- The Cool Air Mesh fabric is breathable and perfect for warmer weather.
- The carrier’s ergonomic design ensures that your baby is always seated in an “M” shape position, which is acknowledged as hip healthy by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
- The carrier is on the pricier side compared to other baby carriers on the market.
- It may take some time to adjust the carrier to fit your body comfortably.
- The detachable storage pouch may not be large enough to hold all of your baby essentials.
We found the Ergobaby Omni 360 All-Position Baby Carrier to be extremely comfortable for both the baby and the wearer. The padded lumbar support waist belt and extra padded shoulder straps provide exceptional lower back comfort, while the crisscross option allows for a snug fit. The carrier is also easy to use with its one-handed slider adjustment, allowing you to quickly switch your baby to face in or out.
The carrier’s Cool Air Mesh fabric is perfect for warmer weather, keeping your baby cool and comfortable. We also appreciate the carrier’s adjustable bucket seat, which supports your baby in an ergonomic natural “M” position in all carry positions.
Overall, we highly recommend the Ergobaby Omni 360 All-Position Baby Carrier for its comfort, versatility, and long-lasting use.
We highly recommend the KeaBabies Baby Wrap Carrier for parents who want to bond with their little ones while staying hands-free.
- Ergonomically designed for optimal back and shoulder support
- Made with soft, stretchy, and breathable fabric for a secure fit
- Accommodates all sizes and can be used as a pregnancy support band, postpartum wrap, or nursing cover
- May take some time to figure out how to put on correctly
- Length of the carrier may not be suitable for all body types
- Fabric may be too warm for some climates
The KeaBabies Baby Wrap Carrier is a great way to keep your little one close while still being able to go about your day. The ergonomic design evenly distributes your baby’s weight, providing optimal back and shoulder support. The soft, stretchy, and breathable fabric ensures a snug fit without constant readjustment needed.
This baby wrap carrier is versatile and sustainable, accommodating all sizes and can be used as a pregnancy support band, postpartum wrap, or nursing cover. The KeaBabies Baby Wrap creates a cozy environment that mimics the womb, making your baby feel calm and secure. It promotes crucial growth and development in the baby’s early months.
While the carrier may take some time to figure out how to put on correctly, it is worth the effort for the hands-free bonding experience it provides. However, the length of the carrier may not be suitable for all body types, and the fabric may be too warm for some climates.
In summary, if you’re looking for a comfortable and secure way to bond with your baby while staying hands-free, the KeaBabies Baby Wrap Carrier is a great choice.
If you’re looking for a comfortable, easy-to-use baby carrier, the Sleepy Wrap is a great option.
- Soothes your baby and reduces crying
- Soft and comfortable for both baby and parent
- Ergonomic fit for optimal weight distribution
- May take some practice to get the hang of tying it correctly
- Not as supportive for heavier babies
- Can be hot to wear in warmer weather
We recently tried out the Sleepy Wrap with our newborn, and we were impressed with how comfortable it was for both of us. The wrap is made with a soft blend of cotton and spandex, which makes it gentle on baby’s skin and easy to wear for extended periods of time.
One of the best things about the Sleepy Wrap is how it helps soothe fussy babies. By carrying your baby close to your heartbeat, the wrap can reduce crying by up to 43%. We found that our baby was much calmer and more content when we used the wrap, especially during the early weeks when she needed to be held constantly.
The ergonomic fit of the wrap is also a major plus. Each time you tie it, you create a custom fit that distributes your baby’s weight evenly across your back and shoulders. This makes it much more comfortable to wear than other carriers we’ve tried, which can put a lot of strain on your back and neck.
That being said, the Sleepy Wrap does have a few downsides. It can take some practice to get the hang of tying it correctly, especially if you’re not used to using a wrap-style carrier. Additionally, it may not be as supportive for heavier babies, so you may want to consider a different carrier if your baby is on the larger side. Finally, the wrap can be quite warm to wear in warmer weather, so it may not be the best choice for hot summer days.
Overall, we highly recommend the Sleepy Wrap for parents who want a comfortable, easy-to-use carrier that can help soothe their baby and reduce crying.
We highly recommend the Boba Bliss Hybrid Baby Carrier Newborn to Toddler for parents looking for a comfortable and easy-to-use baby carrier.
- The Boba Bliss is a hybrid baby carrier wrap that combines the ease of a baby carrier with the snug softness of a baby wrap, making it perfect for newborns up to early toddlerhood (7-35 lbs).
- The gathered seat of this newborn baby carrier supports your little one’s natural position through all stages and is certified hip-healthy.
- Made from 92% cotton and 8% spandex, this baby wrap carrier is stretchy yet supportive and gentle on your little one’s skin.
- The smell of this wrap is strong and may require machine washing before use.
- Adjusting the straps can be difficult to do alone.
- The carrier may show signs of wear and strain at the seams where it buckles and stretches more.
We found the Boba Bliss to be incredibly soft and supportive, making it easy to carry our baby for extended periods. The one-size-fits-all design contours to the shape of every parent and baby, offering a custom fit like no other. The cross straps are easy to adjust in both length and width, and the light and breathable baby sling wrap provides the perfect level of support with only two layers of fabric.
Overall, the Boba Bliss Hybrid Baby Carrier Newborn to Toddler is a great choice for parents looking for a comfortable and versatile baby carrier.
LÍLLÉbaby Complete All Seasons Ergonomic 6-in-1 Baby Carrier Newborn to Toddler – with Lumbar Support – for Children 7-45 Pounds – 360 Degree Baby Wearing – Inward & Outward Facing – Stone Stone 1 Count (Pack of 1)
If you’re looking for a versatile baby carrier that can handle different positions and ages, the LÍLLÉbaby Complete All Seasons Ergonomic 6-in-1 Baby Carrier is a great option.
- Offers six ergonomic carry styles for 360 degree babywearing
- Adjustable side panels for comfortable hip positioning
- Comes with a large storage pocket and removable sleeping hood
- Doesn’t come with the infant insert, which is sold separately
- Some users find the straps difficult to adjust
- Can get warm in hot weather due to the thick material
We’ve been using the LÍLLÉbaby carrier for a few weeks now, and it’s been a great help in keeping our baby close while we’re on the go. The carrier offers six different carry styles, so we can adjust it depending on our baby’s mood and age. We especially like the inward-facing position, which allows us to keep an eye on our baby and bond with her during walks.
The carrier is made of a thick material, which can be a pro or a con depending on the weather. While it’s great for keeping our baby warm during cooler days, it can get a bit too warm in hot weather. However, the carrier comes with a zip-down front that reveals a breathable mesh, which helps regulate our baby’s temperature.
The carrier is also designed with adjustable side panels, which allow us to widen or narrow the seat for comfortable hip positioning. This is especially helpful for longer walks, as it helps distribute our baby’s weight evenly and reduces strain on our back and shoulders.
Overall, the LÍLLÉbaby Complete All Seasons Ergonomic 6-in-1 Baby Carrier is a great investment for parents who want a versatile carrier that can grow with their baby. While it has some minor drawbacks, the carrier’s many features and comfortable design make it a worthwhile purchase.
We highly recommend the MOMTORY Newborn Carrier for parents looking for a comfortable and adjustable baby carrier.
- The innovative Hook&Loop design allows for easy size adjustment as your baby grows.
- The ergonomic natural “M” position design ensures healthy hip development for your baby.
- The supportive waistbelt and spreadable cross straps provide even weight distribution, making it comfortable for both parent and baby.
- The weight range is limited to babies weighing between 7-25 pounds.
- Hand washing is required for care.
- The face-out position may not be comfortable for all babies.
The MOMTORY Newborn Carrier is a great option for parents who want the convenience of a quick buckle-up carrier and the comfortability of a wrap. The Hook&Loop design allows for easy size adjustment as your baby grows, ensuring a comfortable fit at all times. The ergonomic natural “M” position design ensures healthy hip development for your baby, while the padded head and neck support provides added security. The soft and breathable fabric offers a snug place for your baby, allowing for bonding and a cozy feel. The supportive waistbelt and spreadable cross straps provide even weight distribution, making it comfortable for both parent and baby.
However, the weight range is limited to babies weighing between 7-25 pounds, and hand washing is required for care. Additionally, the face-out position may not be comfortable for all babies. Overall, the MOMTORY Newborn Carrier is a great choice for parents looking for a comfortable and adjustable baby carrier.
We highly recommend purchasing the Mumgaroo Baby Carrier with Hip Seat for its versatility and comfort.
- The detachable design allows for three different styles to meet different needs, making it suitable for newborns to toddlers (0-36 months, 7.7-66 lbs).
- The ergonomic design promotes healthy growth of your baby’s hips and legs, with a thickened hip seat and 35°curved stool surface.
- Made of high-quality cotton and air mesh, the wider and thicker shoulder straps, waist belt, and abdominal decompression cushion make it super comfortable for babies and adults.
- The instructions could be bigger or more clear, but it’s easy to figure out with a little self-intelligence.
- The hood is a bit small and doesn’t provide much coverage.
- The storage pockets could be bigger.
We found the Mumgaroo Baby Carrier with Hip Seat to be a lifesaver for hands-free parenting. The various back methods and seating positions allowed us to free up our hands for housework, shopping, and trips. The included hood provides protection from the wind and sun for your baby, and can even be used as a privacy cover for nursing mothers. The extra safety belt ensures complete support and security for your baby. Overall, we highly recommend this baby carrier for its versatility, comfort, and thoughtful designs.
When it comes to buying a baby carrier, there are a few things to consider to make sure you choose the best product for you and your baby. Here are some features to look for:
One of the most important things to consider when buying a baby carrier is comfort. The carrier should be comfortable for both you and your baby. Look for carriers that have padded straps and a padded waistband to distribute the weight of your baby evenly. Also, make sure the carrier provides good support for your baby’s head and neck.
Safety is another important factor to consider when buying a baby carrier. Look for carriers that have a secure harness or straps to keep your baby in place. Make sure the carrier is adjustable to fit your baby snugly and securely.
Ease of Use
You want a carrier that is easy to use, especially if you will be using it frequently. Look for carriers that are easy to put on and take off, and that can be adjusted quickly and easily. Some carriers have buckles or snaps that make it easy to adjust the carrier to fit your baby.
You want a baby carrier that will last, so look for carriers that are made from high-quality materials and that are well-constructed. Check the weight limit of the carrier to make sure it will accommodate your growing baby.
Types of Carriers
There are several types of baby carriers to choose from, including:
- Wrap carriers
- Ring sling carriers
- Soft-structured carriers
- Mei Tai carriers
Each type of carrier has its own advantages and disadvantages, so consider your needs and preferences when choosing a carrier.
In summary, when buying a baby carrier, look for a product that is comfortable, safe, easy to use, and durable. Consider the different types of carriers available and choose one that meets your needs and preferences.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best age to start using a baby carrier?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question since every baby is different. However, generally, most baby carriers can be used from birth up to 3 years old. It is important to check the weight limit of the carrier you are considering and make sure it is appropriate for your baby’s size and weight.
Are there baby carriers suitable for newborns?
Yes, there are baby carriers specifically designed for newborns. These carriers usually have a smaller seat and provide more head and neck support. It is important to choose a carrier that is safe and comfortable for both you and your baby.
Which type of baby carrier is recommended by pediatricians?
Pediatricians recommend using a baby carrier that provides good support for your baby’s head, neck, and spine. A carrier that allows your baby to sit in a natural and ergonomic position is also recommended. Some of the most popular types of baby carriers recommended by pediatricians are wraps, ring slings, and soft-structured carriers.
What are some popular baby carrier brands?
There are many popular baby carrier brands on the market. Some of the most well-known brands include Ergobaby, BabyBjorn, Tula, Lillebaby, and Boba. It is important to research the different brands and models available to find the one that best suits your needs.
What are the benefits of using a baby carrier?
Using a baby carrier has many benefits. It allows you to keep your baby close and secure while keeping your hands free. It can also help promote bonding between you and your baby, and may even help soothe a fussy baby. Additionally, using a baby carrier can be more convenient than using a stroller in certain situations, such as crowded areas or when hiking on uneven terrain.
How do I choose the best baby carrier for me?
When choosing a baby carrier, it is important to consider factors such as your baby’s age and weight, your own comfort, and the type of activities you will be doing while wearing the carrier. It is also important to choose a carrier that is safe and easy to use. Reading reviews and trying on different carriers can help you find the one that best fits your needs.